Now located in its new Haymarket Home in central London, Dover Street Market (DSM) has a gentler and softer feel. The space is bigger and airier and even the staff seem to be friendlier and on 100% smiley mode.
There is so much on offer that I could go on forever, but for fear of rambling, I have summarised my visit into 10 good and bad points.
1. Simone Rocha Corner: I finally got to try those gorgeous Perspex heeled shoes (Ground floor) LOVE
2. Gucci Space: This space somehow manages to exude Gucci's European heritage even within DSM’s modern setting. I was almost blinded by the power of the Gucci green suit! (Second floor) LOVE
3. Hippy Station : A collection of tie-die tees in all sizes which literally brought the swinging 60’s and the Jimi Hendrix era back to life! (Basement ) LOVE
4. Molly Goddard: Just hooray! Nothing else needs to be said!(Top floor) LOVE
5. Craig Green: Like an array of oranges and lemons, the store’s Craig Green collection of light-weight puffa fronted jackets are perfect for creating a boho festival glow. (Basement)LOVE
6. Vetements: I’m not sure how I managed to miss these sock boots on the catwalk but the staff assured me that the Bic lighter heel was comfortable! ( First floor ) LOVE
7. World Corner: The Michael Costiff archive is always enjoyable and offers seriously affordable finds (Second Floor) LOVE
8. Frances by Frances Von Hofmannstahl This one was a new discovery for me, and I’m pleased to say her fashion art pieces are amazing. ( Third floor ) LOVE
9. Rose Bakery: Although the bakery is located in a bigger space it was still packed – proof of its excellence! It engulfs the whole top floor in delicious cooking aromas! (Top Floor) LOVE
10. Security: I was taking some photos with my iPhone as an aide memoir, when I got rudely reprimanded by a small chippy doorman who claimed that taking photographs was not allowed. Having already taken plenty of images of pieces I liked in full view of other DSM employees without being told off once, I reached the assumption that I must be his victim of the day – but then I saw him attacking an Italian woman who was Skyping a friend so perhaps this guy is just on a mission. HATE